... in which new technologies empower individuals to take more control over their health, wealth and happiness.
Q. Do you know who is the one person in the world who could cure our critically ill healthcare system?
That’s what we believe passionately at the MIT Media Lab, where we are developing technologies that put ordinary people in control of their health in ways previously thought impossible. Even doctors, clinicians and healthcare organizations are buying into our revolutionary approaches.
- See how conversational agents, social robots and other super-smart technologies are putting average people—us—on an equal footing with the experts.
- Visit the doctor’s office of the future, where you and your doctor sit side-by-side and collaborate on managing your health, using a big screen of information that you share.
- Check out Autom, a social robot that helps you to stay on your diet – and a fork that helps you control overeating.
- Meet Merry Miser, a smart phone app that tells you not only what to buy, but also what not to buy.
- Read about a home device that reminds you to take your pills—and shows you what happens inside your body when you don’t.